O Level/WAEC subject combinations for Banking and Finance in Polytechnic must include
English Language (not Literature in English) and Mathematics and any three subjects from the following: Economics/Commerce, Business Methods, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English Geography Office Practice Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, History/Government Typewriting Shorthand
JAMB UTME subject combinations for Banking and Finance in Polytechnic are
Mathematics and any two of Economics, Geography, History, Government, Commerce or Principles of Accounts.
List of Nigeria Polytechnics/Monotechnics offering Banking and Finance:
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ogun State Nigeria
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State (Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State. )
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Fed. Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Light House Polytechnic, Edo State
- Nigeria Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies, Benue State (NAITES) NBPZ
- Ogun State Institute of Technology (OGITECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Our Saviour Institute of Science and Technology (Poly) Enugu State
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Port Harcourt Polytechnic
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic, Abia
- Wolex Polytechnic Lagos.
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Banking and Finance
a) Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State. requires five credit passes at two sittings or four credits at one sittings.
b IBDPOLY requires 5 O/L credit passes to include Economics, Mathematics and English Language.
c) FEDPOFFA, Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY), Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State. and FEDPONAM offer the course as Financial Studies
d) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires 5 credits at not more than two sittings. Also requires as UTME subject Mathematics, Economics/P. Accts/Commerce.
e) Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH) does not accept lit.-in-Eng. as course requirement.
(f) Port Harcourt Polytechnic and Ramat Polytechnic same as in Accountancy.
(g) OTTE does not accept History.
(h) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State requires O/L credit passes in Chemistry, one science subject and does not accept Literature in English, History, Type Writing and Short hand
(i) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings which must include Mathematics, English Language and three other relevant subjects.
(k) Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH) requires five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings. Economics and Commerce are accepted as different course subject. Literature in English not accepted as course requirement.
l) KWAPOLY does not accept History but accepts credit pass in Statistics.
m) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires five credit passes at not more than two sittings. Also requires as UTME subject Mathematics, Economics, Principles of Accounts and Commerce.
n) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State does accept History as UTME subject.
o) FED POLY BAUCHI: does not accept History and Geography.
p) Auchi Polytechnic requires that the required number of credits should include Mathematics, English Language, and Economics/Commerce/ Principles of Accounts.
r) Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State accepts only Biology or Agricultural Science. It does not accept History and Lit. in Eng. as course requirement for Accountancy.
s) Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ogun State Nigeria requires four credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Economics/Commerce, Financial Accounting, Government, Statistics and Geography as course requirement.
t) The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic accepts Civic Education in lieu of Government and requires credit pass in Economics.
u) Osun State Polytechnic, Iree – in addition to the course requirements accepts credit in Civic Education/Government, Data Processing/ Computer Studies/ICT. It also accepts Economics and Commerce as a separate subjects.